Push alert for first stable version of DT3 available?

I am awaiting the first stable release of DT3, which I presume will be around the corner. I was wondering if there is some kind of push alert or trigger that would point toward the first download.

I understand I can check this forum, its RSS feed, the blog, e-mail or the website, but I am looking for some kind of push service specific for the release.

My current work-around is a regex match in the blog RSS feed matching a new occurence of the word “release” in my morning Shortcut routine.

which I presume will be around the corner

That depends on how long the city block is.

There is no push service notification in discussion that I’m aware of.

Maybe you cold look into IFTTT , there you could combine rss feed with a keyword and some kind of Pushservices or Messenger.

1 Like

Or you just install the DEVONthink 3 beta and you’ll get the update automatically as soon as it becomes available.

Or you just install the DEVONthink 3 beta and you’ll get the update automatically as soon as it becomes available.

I might misunderstand, but this more or less negates the point of waiting for a stable release. I also prefer to do one clean install. From my perspective it is difficult to ascertain whether beta stuff from 3rd party devs remain on my system. Might not, but that’s a lot easier for you to establish.

Maybe you cold look into IFTTT , there you could combine rss feed with a keyword and some kind of Pushservices or Messenger.

Yes, this works perfectly. Just tested a regular news RSS, matched with the conjuction “and”, results in an IFTTT trigger.

With the IFTTT rule if I like I could turn my living room blue :blue_heart: when Jim or Eric use the word “released” in the DevonianTimes blog. And if you guys get any ideas… no it won’t be the lights :grinning:

2 Likes

hahaha :stuck_out_tongue:

Woah! My whole house did turn blue! My bad :slight_smile:

(Thanks and :blue_heart: to @eboehnisch, @cgrunenberg and of course @BLUEFROG, the trigger worked perfectly!)

4 Likes