Q about 'Workspaces'

Hi, I increasingly use DT Workspaces … they are handy groupings for me to quickly shift back and forth between 7-8-9 tabbed, thematic files.
At the moment I have a total of 16 different WSs and I’m wondering if anyone has encountered an upper limit to the number of WSs one might reliably create and use. 25 WSs? 40??

WSs don’t ‘play so nicely’ with all of DT features when switching between Dbases or when using the Find function (WS disappear, so you better have ‘updated’ and changes you made); as well, the WS ‘Update’ feature seems temperamental, but these seem surmountable.

Grateful for other insights into using Workspaces. - michael maser

There is no hard limit I’m aware of but why would you need 25-40 or more workspaces?

WSs don’t ‘play so nicely’ with all of DT features when switching between Dbases or when using the Find function (WS disappear, so you better have ‘updated’ and changes you made); as well, the WS ‘Update’ feature seems temperamental, but these seem surmountable.

More specific information on what you’re describing would be helpful.

I’m setting up (more) categories for my Phd research and Workspaces seem to be a very efficient environment to do so. It’s efficient and helpful to toggle between different (tabbed) files.

And here are more deets about two other issues I’m encountering when using Workspaces:

• If I’m using a WS, and I go to ‘Tags’ then the program brings up only Tags in the main field and the WS environment entirely vanishes; to go back to it I must select the specific WS … is there any way for Tags and WSs to be viewed simultaneously? (I’m sorry, in my first message I said this quirk was attributed to using the ‘find’ function but I meant ‘Tags’)

• I’m unsure what triggers or prompts the 'Update" feature when using WSs; sometimes I’m in a specific WS and plugging away and I go to update it and that is not possible (‘Update’ is not bolded); other times it an option. This is a pain because if I switch WSs then my changes in the previous WS are not saved. Can you clarify what triggers this?

Thanks for your help.