Query re open Window behaviour/External Monitor - just me??

Hello all,

This isn’t strictly speaking a DTPO issue, it either relates to OSX, or my personal settings, somewhere - but since the forumites over here are such knowledgeable people (and since this most often effects my use of DTPO) - figured I would take a chance…

Given that DTPO, BE12, Scrivener and Safari are my work-tools, they are almost always open. When I’m in the thick of things, I can easily have 10/20 ‘windows’ open in DTPO, of different files/search groups etc., which I navigate easily enough using App Exposé.

My [1st world problem 8) ] comes in when I unplug my 13" MBP from the 24" external monitor, and then plug it back in to the external later (irrespective of whether or not I’ve actually worked on the MBP in the middle).

All those open windows then start playing havoc with my OCD.
Some have “maximised” according to the 13" screen size, but back over on the 24" external.
Some are spread across the width of the 24" external, but aren’t maximised all the way down/up…

I then use BetterSnapTool, and some keyboard combinations, to maximise each of the windows [did I mention OCD?] - but doing this individually with all 10/15/20 windows, is a pain in the proverbial…

I popped up a generic question on another forum about whether some shortcut exists/one can use App Exposé that allows one to select ALL the open windows of an application - since this would allow for all of them to be maximised at once… Not holding my breath, but I certainly haven’t found a way to do that…

The above was where someone came back and said they don’t have this problem - that all of their open windows automagically snap back, when the external is plugged in again… :open_mouth:

Which brought me here – is this only a problem my side? Or do those who use laptops together with Externals, face a similar problem [almost ashamed of calling it that, but hey!]?

Would appreciate some feedback on whether this happens to others, or whether I need to start digging, since my windows aren’t working as they should!