question about email archiving

once I have an email folder or group of emails archived in DT, is there an easy way to move them back into the native email application?

I tried dragging and dropping, that didn’t work.

I tried file/export but that doesn’t seem to work unless I’m missing something. if I select export/file or folders, I get a finder window. If I select ‘as email’, it turns individual emails into emails ready to send, and if I select folders it turns it into a zip file to be emailed.

I’m very interested in the archive functionality but hoping that I can move archived items back to the email client as needed.

I have one more question about email archiving (for now).

The user doc says I can apply filters by clicking on the Filter icon on the toolbar to show the filter drawer.

Say wha?

I have no filter icon on my tool bar, when I go to customize my tool bar I see no filter icon available to put on it. I have no idea what this is talking about.

You cannot export archived emails back into the original application because the emails are converted to RTF. The original content is not preserved. This is one of the reasons why we do not remove the messages from your email program. However, you can respond to one of these emails using the File > Export > as Email menu.

If you go to the File > Import > Email… menu and see the new Import window on screen you will find a toolbar with a “Filter” item. This is not available in the regular Think windows and I have an idea you are referring to those in your second post.

gotcha, thanks.

Yep, that’s what I was referring to. Thought it was a way to filter emails I was looking at in the mail DT window once import was completed. It appears the paradigm is to allow me to filter what I’m selecting for import. Makes sense.

Just a note, I see a couple bugs in the filter functionality related to date range. First, the only way it lets me modify the from date is to first modify the year, then it allows me to modify the day and month. If I first try to modify the month, it won’t let me do it. And it won’t let me use the arrow keys to do so, either. The ‘to’ date is fine.

However, I’m seeing inconsistency regarding what the ‘to’ date filter displays. If I select 11/27, I get emails up to and including those received on 11/27. If I select 11/28 I do not get emails received on 11/28. If I select 11/29, I now get the ones from 11/28 and 11/29.

Also found it ironic that the ‘junk’ filter filtered a message notifying me about your reply to this thread.

Thank you for the bug report it probably uses 0:00 as the limit instead of 23:59:59. :slight_smile:

That’s the status we get from Mail, please mark me as being Not Junk! I’d feel better that way… :wink: