Question about the tag behaviour (delete tag folder / same tag in different databases")

What happens if I delete a tag “folder” in the sidebar. Will all document with this tag be removed from the database? Or will only the tag be removed from these documents, but the documents remain in the database?

Is it desired behaviour, if I have files with the same tag in different databases, that the same tag is created multiple times for each database? Why not showing all files with the same tag (independent of database) in the same tag “folder”?

Will all document with this tag be removed from the database?

No, it won’t delete the files in the database.

From the Help > Documentation > Getting Started > Tagging

Applying tags: When you apply a tag to an item, a replicant of that item is created in the Tags section for the current database. For each tag you apply, you will have a replicant in each tag group. These are not the original items, but only instances of the items. If you delete a tag group, the group and the replicants it contains are removed. The original items in the database remain intact.

Or will only the tag be removed from these documents, but the documents remain in the database?

Yes.

Is it desired behaviour, if I have files with the same tag in different databases, that the same tag is created multiple times for each database?

Yes (see the next response)

Why not showing all files with the same tag (independent of database) in the same tag “folder”?

Because databases are independent entities.