Question from newbie about Import of url sites

Hi,

I use (test) DevonThink today for the first time.

Question:
In which way can I store Infos from a url.

Example:
I open atpm.com/10.02/atpo.shtml and I wil store the text.
If I store the link so it can be that some days the link is dead

In which way can I select text and pictures with one command and store it in DevonThink?

Thanks for help :wink:

Jochen (.de)

If youā€™ve opened the page in a browser (e.g. Safari), you could use the service ā€œTake Rich Noteā€ to add the contents to the database. But if youā€™ve opened the page inside DT, you could use the contextual menu command ā€œCapture Pageā€ of course (adding the HTML code, the page title and the URL to the database).

Hello,

this was also my first lesson.

i have now a good workflow to store webpages.

i set a new Shortcut for the Service/New Rich Text Cmd+Ctrl+D (for "DEVONthink") ā€¦ of course this is only possible in Panther.

Then i mark the content (donā€™t mark all with cmd+a because this makes often Problems) and push Cmd+Ctrl+D.

Now i have it in my DEVONthink database and need no internet connection to view it. I have also put on ā€œAuto catagorizeā€ (i have a german version, so i donā€™t know the real english name of this function) and it works fantastic.

Oh ā€¦ by the way ā€¦ hello forum - using DEVONthink since yesterday and it think these are my most powerfull 5,7 MB on my iBook-Disk.

@ Jochen

Mist ich hƤtte mir mein abgebrochenes Englisch sparen kƶnnen, wenn ich bisschen genauer hingeguckt hƤtte.

Aber ist ja eine Hilfe, die jeder verstehen soll.

Beste GrĆ¼ĆŸe

Ralf

You can also use the PrintPanel with the PDF-Print-Script for DEVONthink for importing webpages.

This looks sometimes better then the rtf-Text-Import but has three disadvanteges:

1. The files are only linked and stored in a seperate folder
  2. Editing isnā€™t possible
  3. The files are much bigger

GrĆ¼ĆŸe,

Ralf, MĆ¼nster

PDF files saved using the Save in DEVONthink PDF print service are copied directly into the database if the Images & PDF->Copy files into database preference is set.