Question on feature gap between Devonthink and Obsidian

For me, DT3 has almost everything except the ability to link and see the connections between things via graph. I would love to be able to see how my tags relate, e.g., or haev the wiki-creation process that obsidian provides, that is just not as strong in DT3. If DT3 had that, iwould never use another knowledge base again, honestly.

1 Like

My 2c …

Obsidian provides a light-weight engine to assemble ideas, construct how they relate to each other on the fly, and share the light-weight construction in a fully functional form with folks who do not use macOS.

Devonthink provides heavy machinery to build an empire of ideas, analyze the empire from the micro to the macro-scale, and frame the final construction in an art gallery (figuratively speaking).

Paraphrasing also what someone somewhere said … If you don’t directly see where you need (Devonthink or Obsidian) in your workflow, you probably will not take to it easily (or at all). My need to share how my ideas “flow together” with colleagues who do not use macOS is pulling me to explore what I can do in Obsidian. Interestingly though, in the wake of this pull to Obsidian, I am also returning to Devonthink to re-discover how I might leverage its power as well.

JJW

3 Likes