questions prior to purchase

I’ve been using DTPO for a while now. I’d love to be able to access my data on my iPad. I’m concerned, however, about how that works. I’d like answers to/confirmation of the following:

1. In the current verson of DTTG, syncing is NOT of the whole database/updates to whole database but instead requires that I replicate specific groups/files into the “Mobile Sync” group. If so, then having my entire database on my iPad means I’ll have replicants of all the items in the database. Is that true?

(If so, then it sounds like I’ll lose the ability to see which items have replicants for reasons other than for syncing. That’s problematic for me. It also means I need to remember to replicate new groups. Sheesh.)

1. If my reading of the documentation is correct, the syncing mechanism will change when DTTG2 is released. Is that correct? If so, what is the current timeline for release of the new version? (And will that be an update of DTTG-1 or will a new purchase be needed?)

2. Finally, it sounds like there have been problems with syncing between DTTG and DTPO – duplicates, empties, etc. I can’t tell, though, if these issues have been resolved in the most recent DTTG update (mid-March). Can someone speak to this?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks for your assistance in figuring out if DTTG will meet my needs.

Debbi

This does not directly answer your questions, but can inform your expectations for the future:

blog.devontechnologies.com/2013/ … ink-to-go/

That’s quite helpful. Many thanks for pointing out the blog post.

Debbi