Quit doesn't quit

I’ve noticed recently that Quit no longer quits the DevonThink Pro application on my computers — it syncs and closes my databases, but then I have to quit a second time to quit the application. I have no idea what caused the change, but it’s happening on multiple Macs that sync with the same three databases. Could it have something to do with the Yosemite upgrade? In my mind, the behavior seems to have begun at about the time I installed it. Ideas or solutions welcome. Thanks.

Never seen this. Are there any DEVONthink-related messages in the Console? Have you repaired permissions recently, flushed caches, or any of the common maintenance tasks that fix OS X glitches. One error condition I run into frequently is with TotalSpaces on Yosemite – it suspends operation and apps cannot be accessed or Quit. Not that its your problem in this case, but interaction with other software can often cause troubles in OS X.

I have the same issue. It occurred first after that latest update.

When i “close devonthink” (i use the german interface : “beende”) it syncs my webDAV and closes the window. But unlike in earlier times the app stays open, the dot in dock stays and i have to “beende” a second time, than no sync takes place, as the database is synched and closed.

I have checked your questions korm, nothing like that. I use devonthink and one database on three different machines. Therefore the sync. I have this issue on all machines, The last update was the beginning.

but yes there are some log entries in console.

I am experiencing the same problem. Quit once–window stays open, databases stay open. Quit again–close down normally. At first I thought it sync had not finished. But seems to be unrelated.

This is unfortunate (and abnormal) behavior – so opening a ticket with Support, and include copies of Console entries, might be a good next step.

Glad (sort of) to hear I’m not the only one experiencing this.

The only console message that I’m getting when I quit Devonthink is this (and I’ve seen it on several of my Macs):

12/23/14 2:33:40.130 PM DEVONthink Pro[1917]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.

I’ve opened a ticket and pointed them to this thread. I’ll share when I hear back.

And here’s the response:

Thanks! This is a known issue and should be fixed in the next release of DEVONthink.

Your DEVONtechnologies Team,
Nathan Douglas, Developer