QuoteHighlight&Annotate script

sorry, i made a mistake writing that words.
but please understand me: i don’t have any knowledge in scripting or programing; i’am just an academic whos work heavily depends on Frederiko’s OO script. I was trying to find an solution for weeks.
i think the solution can be very quicky generated if one, who knows scripting, take a look at Frederiko’s OO script.

The solution that i gave here in my last post:

set theQuotationText to (do shell script "/usr/bin/iconv -f ISO8859-1 -t MACINTOSH " & theQuotationText)

didn’t solve the problem.

So, once again, Frederiko’s OO script works very well with english letters, but with german umlauts (ü, ä, ö) gives errors.

Some other good soul offered me this solution:

set theQuotationText to (do shell script "/bin/echo \"" & theQuotationText & "\" | /usr/bin/iconv -t MACINTOSH")

but it also gives error:

i think this “1:11” or “1:38” are numbers of selected words

Can anyone please take a look and eventually find a solution for this problem? For this problem didn`t exist in Yosemite. It appears only in El Capitan

but maybe the problem lies somewhere else !!!

the original script gives me errors, but it copies the selected sentences with umlauts. see:

there are errors, cause the script didnt make link to annotated page the first and third quotation are good, but the second with umlauts dont have valid links.
and this is the error for second quotation:

Hi,

I have found this thread extremely helpful. I have one problem/question — with the caveat that I am not someone who has does very much tinkering with scripts, etc.

Whenever I make an annotation to a pdf on the basis of a highlighted section using the QuoteHighlight&Annotate template, the new annotation RTF shows up in my global inbox, rather than the local database inbox or the folder where the pdf I have been editing is located. Is there any (reasonably feasible for an amateur) way to change this?

Many many thanks,
Joel

@lande80 what version of the script are you using – there are several versions in this thread.

Also: one additional question: what does it mean when I get this error? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

I am using this one
_QuoteHighlight&Annotate___Cmd-Alt-Q 2.templatescriptd.zip (28.3 KB)

I think I’ve resolved the error: it is when I have opened the PDF into a separate window.

But could someone help me to change where the annotation rtf gets located upon creation?

Thank you!

Debugging the script, I see that the annotation is getting created in the location specified by Preferences > Import > Destination, though it should be creating the annotation in the same group as the annotated document. The script is throwing off several other errors and needs to be repaired. I don’t have time to fix it – perhaps the original author will come along and can address the problems.

OK, thanks, if there’s anyone out there who can help me get this right, I’d be very appreciative. It’s the perfect script for the type of research I do…

Hi all

a little problem about this script: when I delete the quote file, it would not generate a new file and shows “DEVONthink Pro got an error: Can’t get every text of think window 1.”, the only way to get a new file is to use the original Annotation script. How can I do with that ?

thanks for the help

Reviving an old thread… Could someone share a working link?

2 Likes