Re-appearing folders

Hi

Having deleted some folders via the trash & emptying the trash I have two particular folders which mysteriously re-appear each time I open DT Pro Office in the Global Inbox. Having searched via the Finder the folders do not them selves exists. DT seems to create many copies of each folder as well, increasing each time I open it. Currently have 8 copies of each folder. All are empty. Each time I delete them, empty trash & they disappear only to materialise once I re-open DT. Have verified & repaired database but makes no difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Simon

I had a similar problem some time ago. If I remember correctly, to solve the problem I did the following:

1. I remade the database that originally had that folder. (Basically moved all the files and folders to a new dtBase2 with a slightly different name and deleted the original dtBase2.)

2. When the mysterious folders appeared again, I hunted them down via Show in Finder* and deleted anything related with the problematic folders or original dtBase.

I don’t really know what solved the problem, but those two steps seemed to work for me.

(*): If you cannot see them via Show in Finder, go to ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.dtBase2. Then control+click and choose Show Package Contents. The folder you are hunting down may be there or inside the folder Files.noindex. If you find it, delete it.

Many thanks for your reply.

Before reading it I literally just managed to track down the solution in the feedback forum & it has worked.

Thanks

Simon

Was it the same solution? If not, can you post the link to that comment on the feedback forum?

– MJ

This is probably the link you are seeking: http://www.devon-technologies.com/scripts/userforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7944.

Thanks, Bill.