Recent databases automatically opening still

I reviewed the forums and could not find anything recent on this issue. Before closing DT, I close the database I am working in. However, when I open a new session of DT, the database automatically opens. How do I stop this from happening? I work in different databases and I really don’t like having to close a database I don’t need for that particular session. I thought it may be related to making a database a favorite, but it is not. Thanks

Do you use any scheduled smart rules? Or are reminders in this database? In addition, how do you close the database before quitting?

I have seen databases opening seemingly by themselves, but in my case that happened when another program (Tinderbox) opened that had links to items inside those DEVONthink databases. Not sure if that is the case here, but might be worth checking.

Also, if you are syncing via Bonjour and this machine is the server, sync activity from client Macs and iOS devices can open databases automatically. This is handled by the option Open databases automatically in DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync > Bonjour Options

1 Like

Yes, there are reminders in the database. That must be it. Thanks for the help.