Recently opened databases not updating

I’m running MacOS 12.7 on a late 2015 iMac, Devonthink 3.9.3.

This is minor, of course, but odd. The recent database list is not getting updated as I open and close databases.

regarding the below comment, I think I confused the templates folder with the scripts folder - please ignore pending my getting my story straight. Sheesh, one of those days.

Also, my scripts folder was under ~/Library/Application Scripts/com.devon-technologies.think3. Now it’s under ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink 3

My guess is that’s not a problem, but I thought I would mention it in case my 3.9.3 installation is looking in the wrong place for recently opened databases.

After upgrading to 3.9.3 I manually moved some scripts I had hacked together to get them to appear on the scripts menu.

What is set in System Preferences > General?

Here’s general preferences for the OS.

There is something else that I’ve had going on for a while. Applications that show recent destinations on the “save” dialog include grayed out folders that aren’t there any more.

Correction - the dead folders are in the list of favorites, probably a Finder thing.

I have no idea if that’s related or not.

Ok, another strange thing.

The “recent databases” that wasn’t updating was in the sidebar.

I set the number of recents in system preferences->general to zero, restarted DT, and then set the system preferences back to 10.

Now File->Open Recent in DT is updating (and may have been before), but the recent databases list in the sidebar has disappeared.

Definitely not a big deal to me. I usually left it collapsed. All this is just info for you in case it relates to larger issues.

Yet more, apologies for spamming the forum.

The Recent Databases group reappeared in the sidebar after exceeding the count of 10 set in the system preferences.

I opened a nice lucky 13 databases. At that point, the most recent three were in the recent list. As I open more databases, they are getting added to the recents in the sidebar.

Recents in the File pulldown were getting populated all along.

At this point, databases in the first ten, the ones required to start the recents in the sidebar, are not getting added to the sidebar recents as I reopen them, possibly because they are in the recents list in the File pulldown.

No worries and thanks for the diligent follow-ups! :slight_smile:

Recent databases in the sidebar are only shown if not all of them are opened.

I think I see where I fooled myself. Recently opened databases always appear in the File pulldown. Databases in the sidebar Favorites do not appear in the sidebar Recents.

My apologies. I thought I saw a quirk.

2 Likes