Recognition of files that do not belong to a smart group

I set up multiple smart groups in the database and automatically classify the tagged files.

Is there a way to know which smart group a particular file belongs to? Or is there a way to know which files do not belong to any group?

I’ve not explored it in any depth but I suspect you could do something with advanced search, with one of the parameters being Kind is not Smart Group. That might answer your second question.

Stephen

No files belong to a smart group and files always have a location.

Location isn’t a criterion in smart groups, but you can add the Location column to the results and sort on it.

Missing and overlapping classifications can be resolved by layering tags.

?

Can you clarify what you are referring to?

I’ll assume that all files are managed with tags.

Group similar tags with higher tags
The upper tag name is “00”

Set the smart group as follows

New types of tags are not hierarchized and can be recognized as tags that are not included in smart groups
Move this tag to the appropriate top tag
This will prevent missing and duplicated classifications

Shouldn’t I write something like this in the forums? If you think this is a boring opinion, you can ignore it.

I’ll assume that all files are managed with tags.

I wouldn’t make this assumption, but it’s not an uncommon thing for people to use Tags, including hierarchical ones.

New types of tags are not hierarchized

That is true if you’re typing Tags into the Tags bar, the Tags section of the Info inspector, etc.

Shouldn’t I write something like this in the forums?

You just did :slight_smile:

If you think this is a boring opinion, you can ignore it.

It’s not my place to say if something is “boring” or not. (There are likely many things I do, say, and think about that others would find “boring”, but that’s their opinion, and that’s okay.)
I’m guessing there are people who have a similar approach and will find this interesting or useful to them.