How do I remove this plug-in? (I don’t recall setting it up, and when I click on the Sidebar’s Import button, there are all my emails, which I don’t actually want in DT3.)
The emails shown in the Import sidebar aren’t in DEVONthink. It’s merely a view of the emails in Apple Mail, available for import, if desired. You can hide this section of the sidebar if you want.
Thanks - never saw that before.
There are Show/Hide toggles when hovering over any section in the Navigate and Import sidebars.
So how do I remove the Apple Mail plugin? I’m getting inconsistent feedback from DT3 regarding the installed state of the plugin, and I’d like to uninstall/reinstall the Apple Mail plugin. The Install Add-Ons screen indicates it is installed and up to date, but I sometimes get entries in the log stating it is not installed.
- Quit Mail.
- Quit DEVONthink 3.
- Enable Full disk access and all Automation requests for DEVONthink 3 in System Settings > Privacy & Security.
- In the Finder, hold the Option key and choose Go > Library.
- Go into the Mail/Bundles folder and delete our mailbundle.
- Relaunch DEVONthink 3 and install the Mail plugin from DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons.
- Relaunch Mail and enable the plugin via Apple Mail’s Preferences > General > Manage Plug-ins.
Thank you so much. Your information helped me fix the issue. For some reason, the plugin was not enabled in Mail.
DEVONthink can’t enable a plugin on its own. macOS requires user intervention to enable it. Also, on operating system updates, macOS may disable plugins as well.
Mail plug-in was disabled following installation of Ventura 13.3. Could not “re-enable” plug-in via Mail but following your instructions exactly, including deleting the mailbundle and re-installing the plug-in from “install add-ons” success was attained!