Remove Database Inbox

Is there a way to remove inboxes for specified databases.

I have 6 databases I use regularly and have open most of the time. There is also the global inbox. Therefore I have 7 inboxes open in the sidebar.

I actually only really want the global inbox. Is there a way to hide the other inboxes or remove them from the sidebar?

No, you can’t remove the Inbox of a database. It is a core part of each database, regardless if you make use of it or not.

The only option is to disable Preferences > General > Sidebar: Unify inboxes, which will move the Inbox into the item list, similar to what was shown in DEVONthink 2.x.

Brilliant. That has worked. I have one inbox now.

However I dont know if there is a bug here because if I

• Uncheck the unify inbox setting I get 1 unified inbox
  • If I check the Unify Inbox setting I get 7 separate inboxes.

That seems to be the wrong way around. However it has worked for me by unchecking the Unify Inbox setting it has unified my inboxes (if you get what I mean).

There’s no bug there.

Unifying the Inboxes unifies them under the Globals section of the Navigate sidebar.
This also applies to Unify tags as well.

I have one inbox now.

PS: You still have an Inbox in each database. When you’re not unifying the Inboxes, only the Global Inbox appears in the Globals section.

Wouldn’t you expect this behaviour when you tick the checkbox rather than untick it ?

• Uncheck the unify inbox setting I get 1 unified inbox
  • If I check the Unify Inbox setting I get 7 separate inboxes.

This is the correct behavior.

Unchecking the setting displays the Inboxes in their respective databases.
Checking the setting displays the Inboxes together (i.e., unified) in the Globals section.