Renamed groups, replicates - not syncing to other computers?

I have renamed some groups and also inserted a bunch of replicates.
[ie. have a group for partner and I - however some folders we share, thus create a replicate for her]

DTPO is synced via webDAV on the NAS - I’ve Verified & Repaired DB + Rebuild DB on my local to sync it back to webDAV.

• On the other machine, even deleting the local database to re-import, it still doesn’t download with the renamed groups + the replicates. Any ideas how to diagnose or test?

Previously, I have changed a few groups and replicates OK, however just going through a reshuffle - did this on a wider scale…

Verified & Repaired DB + Rebuild DB

Note, while these are good for ensuring database health, they are used for database repair, not sync issues. What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?

It says “Manifest file .manifest is missing.”

It is very strange…
if I connect (MacA - the Mac in question) to NAS (via webDAV), then the directories are the old structure.
If I open Bonjour (on MacB) and allow MacA to connect via Bonjour, the directories reflect that of MacB (the way it should be).
Note: MacB (which has the latest structure) - I’ve tried to forced sync from webDav and it there isn’t any mass resyncing or jobs runnings for its periodic 5min sync. MacB does not give any error messages or warnings on Activity Logs.

I have approx 100k records in 4x databases, it has taken a almost 3-4days of syncing via Bonjour.

I am hoping allowing multiple connection types is “safe” - and allow faster syncing between all our devices…

• ie. NAS via webDAV
  • MacB has bonjour
  • MacA has bonjour

We also have 2x mobiles and iPads. But mobiles do not allow incoming connections.

A missing manifest means there’s transactional sync data missing. It’s not going to sync as it can’t account for the missing data.

Right-click the WebDAV sync location and choose Clean Location. This will remove the sync data, so you can sync afresh.
PS: You only have to clean from one sync location.

Also, note the missing manifest can be due to poor network conditions or an unreliable server.

Thanks for the note.
I have deleted the database, sync and am quite certain I’ve clicked ‘Clean Location’ several times.
I have now synced via Bonjour instead (as previous post) and will do another ‘Clean Location’ per your instructions.

WRT to the very last comment - how do would you suggest I monitor this (via packets/ or software) if this was due to network conditions or ‘unreliable server’.
Or how often should we be running ‘Clean Location’ - should this be part of our maintenance cycle?

how do would you suggest I monitor this (via packets/ or software) if this was due to network conditions or ‘unreliable server’.

There isn’t any prescribed method. I would right-click the location and choose Show Info. Then enable Verify uploaded items, to try and circumvent issues. It’s not guaranteed but it may help.

Or how often should we be running ‘Clean Location’ - should this be part of our maintenance cycle?

No. It’s not maintenance. It’s troubleshooting.

1 Like