Renaming a document during scan does nothing

When I scan a document from my ScanSnap 1500 (using the old ScanSnap software), DT3PO puts up a window asking me to rename the document and provide a location. Then it OCRs the document and files it in the specified location - but it always uses the original document name (as set by ScanSnap), not the the name I type.

What settings do I need to change?

Thanks.

What version of DEVONthink are you running?

DevonThink Pro 3.0.1. I’m running Mojave 10.14.6 on a 2018 MacBook Pro.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.
Thanks!

A screenshot of your smart rules would be useful too.

I just submitted the bug report, attaching the smart rules. Thanks.

Any news on this? I have the same issue with 3.0.4.

This was a regression in the current build and will be addressed in the next maintenance release. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Thanks Bluefrog

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I still have this issue in 3.5. But 3.5 was not a maintenance release…

Which issue exactly?

I am running into the same problem as well. The name and tag fields in this dialog box do nothing. The destination is remembered though.

(As a new user, I can only upload one image per message, so here is the rest:)

I have to then re-input the title and tags here in this one. (Also note the strange title in the title bar of this dialog.

Thanks for the help and great software.

The exact issue the Topic starter describes:

When I scan a document from my ScanSnap 1500 (using the old ScanSnap software), DT3PO puts up a window asking me to rename the document and provide a location. Then it OCRs the document and files it in the specified location - but it always uses the original document name (as set by ScanSnap), not the the name I type.

Except mine is a Scansnap iX500.

And as JohnGrasty describes with a screenshot. Only Destination is remembered. I can fill in a name but the file is saved in Devonthink with the generated name.

The next release will fix this.

Thanks!