Replicates/Duplicates above DB root Folder

Hi,

I, for any reason, have many replicates in a DevonThink DB I try to chase down and clean up (reducing it to “the original”). Since I was only able to find one Replicate entry of the same file, I read a quick tip here to create a Duplicate of a Replicate and finally delete the Replicate, what I did.

It seemed to get me closer to the root cause of the Replicants I can’t find, as I do have supposedly a Replicant/Duplicate sitting above the Root Folder of the DB (see screenshot).

Question: How can I reach this folder above DB root as I assume that all the other Replicates are located there?

Best RegardsScreenshot 2021-09-08 at 13.52.46

Does a verification of the database (see File > Verify & Repair Database…) report any issues?

Does a verification of the database (see File > Verify & Repair Database… ) report any issues

It did so before and after the repair I ended up with the Replicates I’m currently trying to chase down and clean up.

If I execute another “Verify & Repair Database” now, it doesn’t report any problems.

You could perform a toolbar search for item:replicated. Afterwards drag the results to the root of the database, this will remove all replicants and only the moved items will remain.

You could perform a toolbar search for item:replicated . Afterwards drag the results to the root of the database, this will remove all replicants and only the moved items will remain.

Seems not to work for me. I did so and basically the Replicates where shown in DB root as expected, but it did not remove the other Replicants as the entries are still shown in red.

If you refer to my example screenshot, though it’s a Duplicate, the question of how to get to a folder above DB root is the key question here.

In that case a search for item:duplicated should work.

@cgrunenberg : Thanks, that led to the solution!