DTTG works very nicely for reading e-books and papers on iPad and making annotations. Thanks for putting a lot of effort into making it!
It would be even better if it had a configurable crop feature, because:
- iPad screen size is just a tiny bit too small for reading A4 documents comfortably
- Books and papers usually have large padding / margin (not sure which is a correct word) on the sides and at the top/bottom
- Sometimes also having a part of book content (e.g. page number at the very bottom, or a chapter name at the very top) displayed all the time is not necessary for reading.
I really like DT syncing the “last seen page” location of PDF documents, and I believe having a crop feature would make it even better as a PDF reader.
I’ve looked at how this feature is often implemented in other PDF readers, and think that any of following (or both options) would be a good addition:
- Allow user to set up crop borders for odd and even pages separately
- Allow automatically cropping display to page content. In a way this is similar to “View->Zoom to Width” in DT, except that we need to zoom to the content height or width, whichever hits the display edges first.
Can we please have a feature like this in one of the future releases? Thanks!