Reset hits in DT3

Is there a way to reset the hits counter? I don’t see anything, maybe there is a script but it should be available in th GUI as well.

No, hits are not accessible via AppleScript. @cgrunenberg would be great if that could be added.

Why?
What would be the point of resetting the hit count?

I don’t want to reset them, but a property that lets me get the count would be handy, e.g. for sorting.

Well most of the time I work on several markdown documents over a couple of days and each time I add content to those documents DT3 counts a hit. Normally this should be ok, but in my case I filter other documents based on hit count and in this special case “work in progress” documents are always top hits (which isn’t what I want to see). And 2nd. to be honest hit counters are meta data as well which I what to control. So edit, reset or excluding from hit count should be possible.

1 Like

No promises but the request is noted.

Thank you.

Hi, all. Just wanted to take a moment to second this idea. I really like the idea of the hits feature but I personally find the usefulness to be severely limited by the inability to reset a document’s tally. If I am organizing documents, working on something particular, etc., it inflates the number for certain random documents. This makes hit count bad data for those documents and messes up the sort.

It’s a small thing but it would make that feature much more valuable!

As always, thanks a lot for the wonderful application and community.

1 Like

The next release will support to change the hits via AppleScript, therefore a simple script can be used to reset the counter.

3 Likes

Any time line you can provide?

I’m sorry but we don’t announce release dates. But most likely this year.

Wonderful! Thanks a lot.