Restoring a Database from the iPad back to the Mac?

Hi,

one of my co-workers has a problem with his database and lost a lot of information.
He has no backup with a correct version of the database.
But his last iPad sync happened before the data loss, so he has all documents he needs in DTTG on his iPad.

I would now like to know if there is a way to sync back all data from the iPad to the Mac and which is the best way to do so.
I expect I will have only one try for this :slight_smile:

Is it best to delete the database at the Mac completely before I start?
Should I start with no database open or even connected to the mac?

Thanks for all your help! Jochen

Is there really no one who can tell me if - and when yes how - it is possible to restore items from an iOS device back to a (deleted) database on the mac?

Jochen

No. It is not possible to “restore a database from the iPad” to DEVONthink on the desktop. Documents in DTTG on iOS are associated with specific databases on specific machines. If the database on the desktop is gone and will not be returning, then syncing with DTTG is not possible.

What is possible, albeit time consuming, is to email documents from DTTG or use “open in” to transfer documents to other apps on the device – say, apps that use a cloud service (iCloud, Dropbox, Drop, etc.) that the desktop machine can also communicate with.