Return or Enter Key for Activating SAVE Button

I use ScanSnap to scan documents to DEVONthink 3. Once the document is scanned and OCR’d, I am presented with a dialog showing a preview image, and fields for entering Title, Author, Subject, Tags, Created date, with Cancel and Save buttons. Currently, neither of the buttons is able to be activated with the Return or Enter key. I cannot tab to the buttons, either. My workflow is to scan in 20 or 30 separate documents, then sit at my desk and go through each dialog as presented, always just entering a Title, then saving. I want to be able to do two things: (1) Hit the Enter or Return key and have the info save the OCR’d document then present me with the next dialog; (2) Have the preview that shows in the dialog pre-enlarged as a default. Often, I need to review some detail of the scanned image to title it properly. I can use Command-Plus keyboard combination to enlarge the image, but I would just like the image to always show at a pre-defined magnification. Needing to take my fingers from the keyboard to mouse to the Save button in each dialog, or having to key in a keyboard combo to enlarge the preview image significantly slows down my workflow. Is this already possible, and I just don’t know where the settings are? Thanks!

Brad

This is a known regression of version 3.0.4 which will be fixed by the next release.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response!