Return to original view on double click - DT3b1 feature request

I’m using DT3 in a Navigate/List/Widescreen pane-configuration. I open a database so that I can see the enclosed groups and smart groups in the Navigate pane. I choose a smart group. The list view displays the contents of the smart group. I choose a document, which now appears in preview. I now choose the database (ie click on the name of the database in the navigate pane). Rather than the contents of the database being displayed in the list pane from the top the list pane displays the document currently being shown in the preview pane at the bottom of the list and as many documents above that as fit in the list pane. In theory that could be useful, although I would prefer the list view to always return to the standard view (ie. the top of the list) when I select the database - could a compromise be that double-clicking on the database in the navigate pane would always display the standard list view (ie the top of the list) in the list pane?

Currently I circumvent the problem by choosing a different group from the one containing the document being displayed in preview and then choose the database (by clicking on the name of the database in the navigate pane) - now the contents of the database are displayed from the top in the list view.

Note: Retain view is off.