I have a bunch of rich text files in a folder in my devonthink database. For awhile one of the documents appears at the end of the list. Not in alpha order. Today I noticed that another document is down there too. Here is what I’m seeing.
Now the last two item (a,b) should be intermixed with the list at the top but are not and I have no idea why. I checked the file names and both of them do not have any special characters that would make them sort into a different order. I was wondering what is causing this.
Yes, I just did after your reply. It is by kind and ascending. What I’m confused all the files in this folder are Rich Text or at least should be. Ok, I just checked the info on the file types for the two at the bottom are RTFD all the other are RTF files. What are RTFD files. Both of the two out of order files should have started like as RTF files. I don’t know how they changed file types.
that’s what I figured. all the documents in this folder. Have been imported the same way. I copy and pasted them from a web page. Most of them from the same web site and the pages are just text. My process is to create a RTF document in DT and then open it up and then go to the web page that I want the information from and copy the information switch back to DT and paste. I finally save the RTF document. Now the documents I mentioned on my first post were created this way and appeared correctly (in Alpha order) for awhile suddenly they weren’t in the same order. I’ve since changed the viewing options to sort by name ascending. So everything appears correctly. Before I had it sorted by kind ascending. And apparently through the process a couple of file types got switched. I’m not aware of anything I did to place an attachement in either of the two files and so I don’t know how the two files in question got switched from RTF to RTFD files. Well now at least I know what caused the change. Thanks for everyones help.