Right-clicking takes forever

Hello,

The first time I right-click on an item in DT3, the beachball spins sometimes for as long as 30 seconds (or more) before the menu appears. This only seems to happen the first time I right-click. After that, it seems to work fine. Nonetheless, it is kind of annoying and I am wondering if there’s anything I can do to stop it.

Thanks,

Richard

When is the last time you rebooted your machine?
If not recently, do it and see if the issue persists.

1 Like

What was actually selected?

This is a problem I have been having on my desktop only, not my laptop, but I won’t be near my desktop until some time next week. I’ll reply in more detail then.

Now that I am back in front of my desktop: the same thing happened again just now. I started the computer maybe an hour or two ago, but I did have a lot of databases open at one time, 28 of them, in case that makes a difference.

Also, it does not seem to matter what I right-click on. This time, it was a PDF. At other times, it’s been an rtf file.

Thanks.

28 open databases is an unusually high number.
Do they all need to be open simultaneously?

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

If this should happen again, then please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), choose the frozen DEVNthink 3 in the list of processes, select the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com. Thanks in advance!