RTF file behaviour

Hi, I am using DEVONthink for seminar notes which includes text and some pictures. So I may have rtfd files with something like 5MB size. Problem here is that from time to time text input does not work and view jumps to top of the file, so I have to scroll down to resume writing (and rewrite the last words I wrote). This did not happen in DT2.

Hi @blueshoes, keep in mind that DT3 is still a beta software and that problems are likely to occur. Since you already posted here on the forum, I believe that they’ll learn from it here, but perhaps it could be helpful to go to Help then press the Alt Key and click on Report bug, sending along the file with a short report of what happened on the email.

1 Like

Are any operations, e.g. indexing, thumbnailing, refreshing of feeds, OCR etc., performed in the background when this happens? See Window > Activity.

Hi, sorry, have been very busy, so I could not check this out until today:
In Activity monitor I don’t see any other operations. While writing away DT is constantly on the top with around 13%CPU, then a few seconds after the jump to the top of the file happens DT goes up to over 50%CPU and is then overtaken by “bird”, also with over 50%CPU. This is on my 2009 MacBook Pro (OS X 10.11.16). Same happens with little less % on my 2013 iMac (MacOS 10.14.5)
DT Version is 3.0beta3

Could you please launch Apple’s Activity Monitor application (see Applications > Utilities), choose DEVONthink 3 in the list of processes, select the menu item View > Sample Process and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!