What should I do to manage my files safely and efficiently?
- Save the created file in the Finder folder
- Import (copy) files in Finder to DEVONthink
- Search, view and edit files with DEVONthink
- Export database: File> Files and Folders
- Save the original file, database file, and export file as backups
Do you have any other good ideas?
What is the purpose of step 4?
A good backup plan should cover your bases.
You can also do an occasional File > Verify & Repair. We blogged about this:
I am particular about exporting because I am concerned that I will not be able to retrieve the edited file from the database. I have no experience using software like DEVONthink, so I am looking for a more reliable answer.
so I am looking for a more reliable answer.
A more reliable answer to… what?