"Save PDF to Devonthink" missing

Hi folks, the “Save PDF to Devonthink” option is missing from my print dialog. How do I put it back?!

Thanks,
R Haynes

See menu DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-Ons…

1 Like

See Page 38 of outstanding DEVONthink Manual where it discusses “Save PDF to DEVONthink”.

3 Likes

Thanks - is it the PDF bookmarklet that I need on that page?

It’s the PDF Services in DEVONthink > Install Add-Ons.
This adds a Save PDF to DEVONthink 3 command to the PDF menu in a print dialog.

Hi - yes, I checked that box (actually it was checked so I unchecked and checked again), hit install, restarted Devonthink and the computer but no dice.

No dice… what?

Also, does DEVONthink have Full Disk Access in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy?

Sorry for the use of the colloquial “no dice”, I meant that the “Save PDF to devonthink” is still not appearing in the system print dialog.

I’m very familiar with the phrase. :slight_smile:

Please post a screen capture of where you’re looking in the print dialog.

Did you check that DEVONthink 3 has full disk access?

Yes - just double checked that I made that change (DT did not have full disk access when I checked originally, for some reason).

Just a thought…have you rebooted and restarted DEVONthink since making the change?

Stephen

Yes.

Which version of DEVONthink & macOS and what kind of user account (admin?) do you use?

DT: 3.8.5
Mac OSX 12.4
user account with admin priv.

Well, the last idea coming to my mind is to check the permissions of the folder ~/Library/PDF Services - do you have read/write access? And I guess DEVONthink is installed in /Applications?

1 Like

Hi - it was indeed an issue with ~/Library/PDF Services, thanks!!