"Save PDF to DevonThink Pro" no longer appends .pdf extension

For years, whenever I use the Print dialogue and choose “Save PDF to DevonThink Pro” the file would be added to my inbox with the “.pdf” file extension in the name…

But suddenly, this stopped—it still saves it as a .pdf file, but the extension no longer shows in the file name.

Preferences - Import - Titles is set to “Filename with extension” as it always has been.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Thanks for the quick reply! I don’t see that under Preferences, though—this is my General tab…

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Development would have to comment on this. The extension is certainly there, it’s just not displaying it.

Info

I reinstalled DEVONthink 2. The preference there is DEVONthink > Preferences > Import > Titles > Filename with extension. I tested that by printing a PDF from Safari and saving to the DEVONthink 2 Inbox. The Filename with / without extension preferences work as expected.

You’re so kind to do that!

Unfortunately, as I wrote in the original post, the “Filename with extension” radio button is selected—I’ve never changed that (or any related setting), which is why I’m so baffled it suddenly started behaving differently…

Sorry for giving the wrong answer (twice LOL). Deleted.

I confirmed it’s an issue I’m seeing here as well. However, it’s merely a cosmetic issue and therefore I can’t say whether it will be addressed for the 2.x line any time soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Not at all; I so appreciate your help!

Okay, cool—it just started, probably after the most recent update.

I’m looking forward to DT3—just a little concerned about using it before it’s fully stable…

1 Like

I have used DEVONthink 3 exclusively after uninstalling DEVONthink 2 over six months ago. I use DEVONthink 3 ten or more hours per day, across normally 6 open databases, and continual sync to DEVONthink to Go on 2 iOS devices.

I make my living using this arrangement.

I have no concerns. No “instability”. No crashes. No nothing to tell me I made the wrong decision.

Not committing to DEVONthink 3 is, in my personal opinion, foregoing lots of benefit for no reason.

Great to know—I’ll bite the bullet!