"Save to DEVONthink Pro.scpt" fails with "App

When I try to import a pdf using the print dialog, PDF->Save to DEVONthink Pro.scpt, it fails to import and I get an application error saying “AppleEvent timed out.” After I OK the error dialog and I go back to DT, the dialog for categorizing the import displays, but if I select a category, a bad document gets imported.

Was this a one-time event, or is it common on your computer?

The error message indicated that a step invoked in the script had timed out. Some action had taken longer than anticipated, and likely wasn’t completed.

Delays could happen if the application wasn’t open when the Save to DT Pro script was started, especially for opening a large database.

Delays could also happen if you were out of free RAM at the time and procedures were slowed down because of Virtual Memory use. In such a case, quitting other open applications and quitting and relaunching DT Pro will make the most of your available RAM, and speed up your computer.

Which version of Mac OS X are you using? Do you use Spaces a lot so that maybe the category dialog opens on another space?