Scan to specific folder? How?

Hi,
I have DevonThink Personal and I try to scan a doc from my MFP and tell it to scan to New Document, and specify the folder I want it to save it, on my Hard Disk.
No matter what I do, when I click Scan, it switches to Inbox and the documents are stored in a place I don’t want, in Library/Application Support/DevonThink 2/Files.NoIndex/PDF/0…

I do not at all use the Import option, I just use INDEX since I want to control my folders, and 0 documents into the database.

How can I save to, say, [My User]/Documents/Family/Subscriptions?
Any way to stop DevonThink decide where to store, or worse, use internal aliases making me think that the doc is in my real folder while it’s in the Devonthink environment?

Thanks for any help.
Steve

No, you cannot scan to an external location from within DEVONthink. Use a third-party software, like the scanner’s software to scan to an external location.

Apple’s built in Image Capture application will also work if you want to stay first-party.

OK thanks.
It would be nice though to be able to do such a thing from within DT in order to stick to one app.
Maybe on the suggestion list.
Thanks for your help
Steve

Technically, it is feasible in this way.

1. Select File > Index… and choose the external folder in the Finder you want the scans to reside in.
  2. Scan to this indexed group in DEVONthink.
  3. After the scans are done, right-click the indexed group in DEVONthink and choose Move to External Folder.

If you want to streamline the process outlined by BLUEFROG, you can also attached the script from this post:

To that indexed folder so that it automatically pushes new content to the external folder every time you enter that folder in DEVONThink.