ScanSnap and Saving

Re the second part of your message:

I have tried this setup and it will result in two copies scanned: one in Finder (e.g. in the Pictures folder in your example) and the second one in DEVONThink. This is not what we want as it will create extra work to clean up the duplicate in Finder.

Make sure to enable Preferences > OCR > Original Document > Move to Trash.

I enabled it but the duplicate file still gets created in the Pictures directory …

Post a screen capture of your ScanSnap Profile.

Facing the same issue I would love to solve. But I doubt a solution can be expected from Devonthink. Since ScanSnap Home is handing over the file to Devonthink, Devonthink can only handle the files on their side. It would require Fujitsu to implement a feature like “delete after handover to external application (e.g. DT)” to delete the (original) file in ScanSnap Home.

It didn’t let me loose and since I had some time to investigate I found the solution:

You simply have to change the Profile Settings > Managing Options > Type to “Mac (Scan to file)” instead of default “Mac (Manage in ScanSnap Home)”.

The Manage in ScanSnap Home leads to the entry in the ScanSnap Home app you manually have to delete. While the ScanSnap to File only creates a file which then can be deleted by Devonthink during import by the “Move Original to Trash” option.