Scheduled searches work sporadically

Sometimes they run and other times nothing happens. I am guessing that it has to do with what is going on in Agent (a results window active?) when it is supposed to start, but I haven’t narrowed it down. What else can stop it from initiating?

Second question - is there any way to trigger a search? ie from search sets it would be nice to have a RUN NOW option on the context menu instead of having to initiate a new search and then searching out the set.

Final question - any way to BULK edit the search sets. I have about 50 and I want to change schedule for example. Do i have to go through one by one?

Thanks
Paul

Is the computer awake when the search is scheduled?

Yes. Computer is awake and DA is running. Still trying to narrow down variables. Wonder if VPN might have something to do with it? I’ll check that tonight.

No obvious variables that I can find. Is there a log file that might show an attempt and a failure? Maybe I could watch CONSOLE at scheduled time.

Computer is set to not sleep. Also set to wake for network access. Put hard drives to sleep when possible is unchecked. Mac Big Sur 11.

Some scheduled searches run just fine and others simply don’t happen. Frustrating since there is no way to batch run the failed searches and I have to go through and do them one by one.

I may have a clue here - after another failed search set not launching on schedule, I decided to quit DA. When I did, I got a warning that a search set was running, so I canceled the quit. But there is nothing running. So I did the force quit and restarted DA and the next test seemed to work fine. Maybe searches are getting “stuck” or not “releasing” or whatever the word is. I will try to remember to restart DA after running searches and see if that helps.

Next time please check whether there are any windows listed in the Windows menu which are not visible on the screen - thank you!

No windows showing in the menu.
Restarting DA seems to solve the issue. (sharing that info is the main reason for this post)
The scheduled sets fail to run when:

1. DA “thinks” there is a search open even if there isn’t
  2. The schedule times are changed and DA not restarted.

Does this affect all searches or only certain search sets? What kind of actions do they perform?