Screen Sleep Lock up(always on) for Sync

For some reason, I have to turn on the app screen to turn on the Sync function and it doesn’t sync when I run another app or come out of the screen. To do this, please create a screen sleep-off function with the in-app option!

That’s not possible

Here’s what I do

All right.
But on other apps…
There is also an option to prevent the screen from turning off.
for example, “Investing.com

Where?

1 Like

I tried this today and it worked well for the large initial sync.

2 Likes

Actually, DEVONthink To Go already ask iOS to keep the screen on even without any changes to the iOS settings.

2 Likes

Suggestion: add a message or notification to inform user of that. If already there I never noticed. Could be important to know if user does NOT want that to happen for whatever reason.

We could mention it in the help, but especially on iOS we are already showing way too many notifications. iOS is supposed to “just work”, users shouldn’t be bothered with any details they don’t need for immediate survival (see the new long-touch on items in the Share sheet) :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Yea, you are probably right there… Help works. I’m one of those people who read it!

1 Like

That’s good to know–I initially let DTTG do its own thing, but at some point something had timed out, the screen had locked, some folders hadn’t synced–so I tried that until it finished.

But that said, I might have been primed to think there was a problem after reading so much before buying the app, when if I had left it alone, it would have completed on its own.

1 Like

The first sync is typically the most painful :slight_smile:

1 Like