Script for fast linked Next Action creation

Hi,

My first post, been using DevonThink Pro for about 7 months, and just upgraded to DT Pro Office.

I’m looking for a fast way to create a todo item (just an RTF in a folder) with a link to an existing email or document.
What I’d like to do is to be able to click on a button or contextual menu from an email or document, and have it create an RTF document (preferably in a pre-defined todo folder) with a link to the original document already inserted.
I know that I can copy item link, and paste it into an RTF, but I’m looking to simplify my workflow.

Currently I’d have to go to the item, copy item link, go to todo folder, create new RTF document, paste link, write action that relates to original document.
It’d be much easier to go to original document, click ‘New Todo’, and start typing my action.

Thanks for any consideration this receives.

–James Duff

That is in essence what the Annotation template does (Data > New From Template > Annotation).

An alternative approach is to select a document that will require action. If you use DT Pro or Pro Office, choose Scripts > Reminders and then close an option, such as an iCal event. Create the new event and set one or more alarms. When you receive an alarm message, view the event, which contains an Item Link back to the document requiring action.

Click on that link and the document opens in DEVONthink.

Thanks for the responses.
Korm: Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks! :smiley:

–James Duff