script to set focus on notes list?

I want to bind a key to set input focus to the list of notes. DEVONthink has the control-shift-tab key available for changing focus to different panels, but you may have to invoke it multiple times in a row depending on where your focus is currently, whereas I want to implement a keyboard shortcut to move back to the notes list from anywhere in a single keystroke. I could do this via KeyboardMaestro, but what I lack is an AppleScript example of how to select the list of notes.

Can anyone point me to some AppleScript code to set focus on the notes list?

What is “the list of notes”?

selection is scriptable. Focus is not.

That’s unfortunate, but I find something strange about this: clearly, DEVONthink can change the input focus somehow (because it offers a keyboard shortcut to cycle through the elements that get focus). So, it must also have an internal list of GUI elements that can receive input focus and a mechanism to select from that list programmatically. Is the problem that there is no standard AppleScript method to do it in general? In that case, would it be possible for DEVONthink to expose a function to AppleScript to let the user invoke it?

Best regards,
Mike

That is correct.

As far as exposing it, I can’t speak for Development on that.

OK, no problem. I’ll make a feature request. Thanks for clarifying the problem so that I know better what to ask for.

Maybe this is something for you? UI Browser :wink:

-- Focus on Records List
activate application "DEVONthink Pro"
tell application "System Events"
	tell process "DEVONthink Pro Office"
		try -- Symbols
			set focused of scroll area 1 of group 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 to true
		end try
		try -- List
			set focused of outline 1 of scroll area 1 of group 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 to true
		end try
		try -- Columns
			set focused of scroll area -2 of scroll area 1 of browser 1 of splitter group 1 of group 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 to true
		end try
		try -- Two pane
			set focused of outline 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of group 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 to true
		end try
		try -- Three pane / Tags
			set focused of outline 1 of scroll area 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of group 1 of splitter group 1 of splitter group 1 of window 1 to true
		end try
	end tell
end tell