Search Finder/DT3

is it possible to set the search in DT in the same way as in Finder. So previous 7 days, then previous 30 days and then per month resp. per year.
like to hear regards olaf

Take a look at Search Prefixes > Date Operators on page 232 of the user guide (also available through the in-app Help). Also note that it’s very easy to set up that sort of thing using Smart Groups.

Stephen

3 Likes

Hi Stephen,
tks for this. had a look att it but can’t find anything compared to the finder search.

I suggest that you then describe in more detail what you are searching for exactly.

“Previous seven days” is not a search in Finder, either. There might be something like “modified in the last seven days” or “added in the last two years” or “opened in …” . But searching for a date without defining an attribute that date is referring to does not make sense.

DEVONthink supports specifying by days for relative date searching, e.g.,…

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 10.56.10 AM

Hallo,
here is a screenshot what I mean
Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-20 um 17.29.32.png.pdf (113.8 KB)

Olaf, you can post images directly to the forum; no reason to convert to pdf and attach.

ok tks for information here it is

No there is no such display in DEVONthink.
That would be a considerable change in the UI and Development would have to assess the feasibility.

So what you want is a similar display of search results (rather than parameters for an active search)?

1 Like

right, I understand this view is not possible.

correct; I was just checking that I had understood your intention correctly.