Search in documents fails on synchronised devices

Hi,

I have already opened a ticket, but maybe someone in the forum has already found a solution to the problem.

After using DTTG on a second iOS device synced via iCloud, no content is found in the documents. Only matching file names are given.

Several attempts with reindex and resync have not led to any improvement.

Any ideas are welcome.

many thanks
Stefan

Did you press return after entering the search term?

Yes, I have.

I have noticed the same issue. If I type xxxxxxx enter I don’t get what I’m looking for.

But interestingly if I type content:xxxxxxx I get the results expected. It appears on DTTG this is not working correctly when hitting enter since using content search does work.

While this isn’t a horrible thing (since search is possible), does make one wish there was a more friendly search (aka a drop down bar or something) with the command search operators rather than manual type on mobile which is not fast to do.

Thank you very much for the tip. That saves me for now and has saved me from further rash acts.

But it’s strange, a few days ago it worked without content:.

I feel like I remember it working before as well. I’m not sure why but the content: at least does pull up the info.

Thus has already been reported on the forums. It is a known regression that will be addressed in the next maintenance release.

However, we advocate using search prefixes to improve the accuracy of searches.