Searching in DTTG on iPAD produces no list of PDF files with the content of the phrase searched for. The scanned PDF document was OCRd by DT3. Searching within the document works.
If using same databases on DT3 all files with searched strings are found.
Built up new index in DTTG already. But didn’t help.
Using most recent versions of DT3 and DTTG.
Has anyone observed this behavior and found a solution for that.
What are you specifically entering as your search string in DEVONthink To Go?
One example: I am entering the string “maron”.
TD3 is finding several PDF documents with that text (which is part of the term “Maronentorte” for example). DTTG is finding only one in the same set of databases ( document with an invoice signed by a Maron xxxx).
Preparing that answer I realized that DTTG requires always an * after the term searched for. Whereas DT3 dos not require that.
Preparing that answer I realized that DTTG requires always an * after the term searched for.
Ths is only true if you press the Search button at the end of the search.
DEVONthink To Go will search as you type, with a wildcard asterisk applied to the last search term, so
Maron would be
Maron* and match more items. If you press the Search button, the wildcard is dropped and all terms are treated as fuoll words, not substrings.
However, yes you can explicitly use a wildcard to force the behavior.
Whereas DT3 dos not require that.
That isn’t entirely correct.
If you have Partial matches while typing enabled in DEVONthink’s toolbar search options, it is behaving exactly the same as DEVONthink To Go, with the assumed wildcard.