Search not finishing

Search complete… 19783 pages scanned (632 MB), 444 docs found. Last downloads finishing after the expected timeout of 60 seconds.

Do you use an Intel or PPC Mac and how much RAM does your computer have? In addition, has been anything logged to the system console?

That cant be right. There just arent that many pages with that phrase. Did you search with quotes?

I just did a google seaarch with that phrase and got 4 pages, so I dont think DA could find 400 additional pages.

To answer your questions,

Intel MacBook
1gb RAM
nothing logged to Termnal by me that I know of

Searching again with quotes… seems that some plugins have to be updated (e.g. Gigablast, Excite, IncyWincy, DogPile).

After updating them, DEVONagent scans 2603 pages, finds 4 pages and filters 5 similar pages.

The server discussion.lycos.com doesn’t seem to respond and doesn’t time out. Have to check if that’s a bug of Mac OS X, the server or DEVONagent.

Just disable the plugin “Discussion Lists > Lycos (Discussion” - this server seems to be very slow at the moment and delays the end of your search set up to 10 minutes.

I had the feeling that it would turn out to be a plug but I wasn’t sure how to test them. I will give it a try.

Didn’t help. The search is still not finishing. Even if one plugin is slow, wouldn’t it time out eventually? My searches never finish.

I will leave this one running for a longer test. It has already been at the end of the bar for five minutes, but I will let it go even longer.

Search ran for two hours without finishing.

Any progress on this? Its making me nuts.

The posted search set (using the search string you’ve send to me) runs fine over here after disabling "“Discussion Lists > Lycos (Discussion)”. If you’re interested in the current beta, just let me know (maybe this will make a difference but I don’t think so).

I would like to check out the beta, but can you tell me what could cause this problem? Should I reinstall from scratch?

I don’t think that reinstalling will make a difference. But you could delete the cache (~/Library/Caches/DEVONagent).