Search through all databases via AppleScript

DT3 introduced powerful search prefixes and that’s great.
According to the help page:

But in reality, an AppleScript search will only lookup the selected database when no scope specified instead of “all databases”.

I know I can manually iterate databases and search each one with the “in” parameter, but it could cause performance issue sometimes. (I’m working on a LaunchBar action that searches through the whole database.) And since the help page clearly specify “all open databases” should be applied if “no scope is specified”, I hope this will be fixed in future updates?

The “search” command doesn’t use the scope, it uses only the optional “in” parameter like in the past or the current database without it.

So there is no way to search through all open databases in one command?

But in reality, an AppleScript search will only lookup the selected database when no scope specified instead of “all databases”.

Where did you see in the documentation that scope was usable in AppleScript? If there’s something I misworded and incorrectly wrote, please point it out to me so I can adjust the documentation for the final release. Thanks.

That’s not (yet) possible.

1 Like

Well, surely the documentation did not explicitly say scope was usable in AppleScript. But it was listed just like the other prefixes. Since the other prefixes are usable in AS, I naturally assume there is nothing special with the “scope” prefix :pensive: