Searching by a group tag within another group?

I conduct research on religious messages and use sermon texts as my primary data. I import sermon files and group them by author. Then I replicate the files to additional groups by denominational affiliation, gender, year of delivery, and location.

I would like to be able to search, for example, the replicated files within the Presbyterian members for all sermons delivered in 2010 or, another approach would be to search all files replicated to the 2010 group for sermons delivered by Presbyterian clergy members.

I would like to be able to be in one group and click on the name of the other group and get all those replicated files, but I do not see a way to do that. I end up typing “Presbyterian” or “2010” in the search box, but I am not getting as clean and efficient of results that I think I should be getting.

(deleted; wrong answer)

Thanks for the reply, but that is not what I want to do. You are describing the Boolean OR function, but I want the Boolean AND function. I want to be able to open my 2010 group and select only those files that also belong to my Presbyterian group.

Let me describe how I import and replicate my documents and let you tell me if I am doing this wrong.

I import documents from a web site and I create a group for the author of these documents who will be a clergy member and the documents are sermons. Then I sort these files by the year in which the sermons were prepared and delivered - 2011 back to 1996 - by replicating the documents to a group folder for each year. Then I select all the files and replicate to a folder for the denominational affiliation of the clergy member. So now each file has group tags along the bottom of the window - one for the clergy member name, one for the year, and one for the denominational affiliation.

I would like to be able to click on a list of those tags, say Presbyterian, then command click a tag for 2010 and get a list of all sermons from 2010 delivered by Presbyterian clergy members.

Thanks for your help!

Then you want the Tags view (cmd-6). Cmd-clicking tags in the right-hand tags panel is “tag A AND tag B”.

This is wonderful!!! I did not know about tag view before.

Thanks so very, very much!!