searching in a news archive

Folks,
I’m trying to use DA to search in a company internal News archive. The entries are saved as msg00001.html etc. and are indexed per date index (date.html) or per thread (threads.html).
When I create a search set, having the URL for the index (e.g. date.html) and do a search, I get no results. No scanner/no modules are ticked. The protocol section shows error - too big.
The index file itself is roughly 2MB. However, I found a DA setting that allows for download-size of max. 1MB. This seems what makes my search fail.

Any way to have DA supporting me in searching the archive?

Regards,
Branko

Version 2.5 will support a max. download size of 4096 KB. Just send me an email in case you’re interested in a beta.

Christian,
thanks for sending me the download link. The Beta with its increased limit does the task I intended. Unfortunately I see now that it doesn’t solve my objective entirely. The issue is that DA only follows links in the index document that match the search query. So my search is limited to those search criteria which are present on the index page plus the docs in underlying links.
As this is not a problem of DA, I’d like to extend my question:
Can I have a http directory full (~15000) of .htm files searched by Devon Agent? How would a URL (in search-set) have to look like?
Regards,
Branko

DEVONagent can also follow all links, just use “*” (without quotes) as the term used to follow links.

Christian,

many thanks! It works perfect now.

Regards,
Branko

Hi, I have the same issue. May I apply for beta testing the image to support higher download size (Rel 2.5)?

TIA

Just send me an email.