Searching manually highlighted text in group of PDFs

Hi,

Newbie here. Please have this in mind if what I am asking seems very basic.

Is it possible to search a group of pdfs for terms I have highlighted manually within Devonthink? I wanted to highlight text with different colours and then be able to search by colour.

I’ve had a look at the “merge highlights” script but it doesn’t seem to do what I would like it to do.

Is it possible to do what I want to do in some other way? I have relatively small groups of pdf files with hundreds to thousands of pages in each file. I need to read them and extract the information that is relevant for a report.

There are several types of evidence I am looking for and this is the reason I have tried using different types of highlights to do this, but when I use search, I can’t see an option that would let me find highlighted paragraphs.

I’ve had a look at using tags, but this seems to be used at the file level rather than paragraph.

Many thanks

Roberto

PDF highlights can be searched in Skim or Acrobat, but not (yet) searchable in DEVONthink. You could, however, look at John Sidiropoulos’ work here as an example.

Many thanks. I’ll try this.

Roberto