Send by Email button vs Contextual menu

Select PDF, Contextual Menu>Send by Email, creates new email message with two attachments (the same PDF twice)

Select PDF, Toolbar>Send by Email, creates new email message with single attachment (the PDF only)

Outlook 2011 is my default email client, no, I haven’t tried this in Mail (because I don’t have time to troubleshoot).

I can use the Toolbar button, just wanted to report it.

DTPO 2.5.1

MacBook Pro 9,2
2.9 GHz Intel Core i7
750 GB, Model: MK7559GSXF
Intel HD Graphics 4000, GPU, 512 MB
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 (12D78)

Thanks for this report, harringg! We had one other report on this and didn’t have any corroboration yet.

Unfortunately I couldn’t reproduce this so far (Microsoft Outlook 14.3.0). And actually both the toolbar item and the contextual menu use the same internal functionality, therefore the result should be identical. Is there anything special about your system, e.g. do you use any third-party additions (haxies, PGP, scripting additions)?

This is a clean install. New Mac ~ 1 week ago, no migration from old system, all clean installs of apps. No third-party add-ons.

Outlook 14.3.1

In this context I want to quote this from a parallel thread:

I am also using PathFinder 6.1.4 with DEVONthink Pro Office 2.5.1 on Mac OS 10.8.3 and cannot reproduce this, regardless if the Finder is running parallel to PathFinder or not and as it was not clear to me from your statement I right-clicked .eml-files in DtPO, in the Finder and in PathFinder and all upcoming context-menues are correct and no duplicates were created, neither in DtPO nor in the file system.

So maybe something went wrong with your installation and maybe you want to perform the usual troubleshooting steps from checking your hard drive and it’s file system to repairing priviledges and cleaning caches (not forgetting DEVONthink cache) and if nothing has changed, I would apply the 10.8.3-update again. From former experiences I would recommend to install the Combo-updater, which includes all previous updates. You can download it here: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640?viewlocale=en_US

Does this script work as expected or does it attach the files multiple times too? Because internally DEVONthink uses a similar script.

tell application "DEVONthink Pro"
	set theFiles to {}
	set theSubject to "Test"
	set theSelection to the selection
	repeat with theRecord in theSelection
		set theFiles to theFiles & (path of theRecord)
	end repeat
end tell

tell application "Microsoft Outlook"
	activate
	tell (make new outgoing message with properties {subject:theSubject})
		open
		repeat with theFile in theFiles
			make new attachment with properties {file:POSIX file theFile}
		end repeat
	end tell
end tell