Send by Email with Postbox

Any idea why nothing happens when I select, for instance, a PDF file and then click on the “Send by Email” button?
I’m currently using Postbox.
Thanks for your advice!

Make sure that Postbox is the Default Email Reader. This is a setting only found in Mac’s Mail app – open the App, then preferences, and select Postbox from the dropdown.

This works for me at least, I’m using Spark and DT3’s ‘send by email’ open a new message in Spark. NB: ‘send by email’ extracts the text of, say, a PDF or RTF file. If I want to send the PDF or other file as an entire attachment, I use ‘share’ (and make sure that Postbox is checked among the applications that are sharing items).

Hope this works.

Hi @SebMacV,

Thanks for your suggestion but Postbox is already definitely the default email reader.

Btw when I doubleclick on an imported mail in DT3, it opens Postbox!

The only problem seems to be when clicking on the button “Send by email”…

Is DEVONthink allowed to automate Postbox? Which version of DEVONthink, macOS and Postbox do you use?

How can I check if DEVONthink is allowed to automate Postbox?
(DT opens in Postbox the archived .eml mails when I doubleclick on them)

DEVONthink 3.0.4
macOS 10.14.6
Postbox 7.0.12

See System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Automation > DEVONthink 3.app.

Yes, it is checked!

The AppleScript support of the latest Postbox versions seems to be slightly different and incompatible, the next release of DEVONthink will support this. In the meantime you could drag & drop the file(s) onto Postbox’ Dock icon.

1 Like

Any idea when the new version will be launched?

I’m sorry but we don’t announce release dates. But most likely this spring.

1 Like