Send to group command? Or "groups" pane?

How do I send the currently-selected message to an already-established group? I can drag it to the group but I have more than 300 items at my root level so it’s very tedious to drag to a group that’s at the other end of the list. Is there a way when dragging, to get a list of just my groups? In  another pane, perhaps?

That’s one of my queries, also. I use auto-classification, but – especially when some groups are small – DT gets it wrong and the ‘Classify’ button doesn’t show the group where I want the content to be placed.

Something like a hierachical contextual menu of groups would be a nice option.

“I can drag it to the group but I have more than 300 items at my root level so it’s very tedious to drag to a group that’s at the other end of the list.”

I can’t even do this because of the preview icon. I use column view, and if I set up a target path for an item at root level (by clicking the sub-nested folders), when I go back and click the item at root level, its preview icon appears in the adjacent column and destroys the target path I have just set up. This could be prevented if I could disable that damned preview icon. The only way I can send a root item to a sub-nested folder is to open two browser windows. You can kill the preview icon in OSX’s Finder - how do I kill the preview icon in DT?

Why don’t you use the split view? There’s a group list as well as a preview of the selected content.

A good idea would also be to group your 300 groups into main and sub-groups. So, it would be much easier to navigate your collected knowledge.

Classify/See also will be available in all views in the near future (probably in v1.5.x). In addition, either a hierarchical menu or drawer will be added.

I think this is still on track: When I use Services to have a program Take a Rich Note, I can’t predict into which DT folder the Note will be placed. So after it is copied I still have to hunt it down to work with it further.

I don’t find anyone else commenting on this, so I think I must be missing something obvious, some setting or something.

So: what am I missing??
Thanks.

Ray