Sente and DevonThink Pro?

hmm, so it is not so obvious what to do.

I am trying to find a solution to that, began using DT and now are looking for a bibliographic software (I WISH DT could do that!!! :confused: )

I do just occasionally use the fulltext pdf, usually I just need the abstract and citation. I can save this as .rtf into DT and import the same information into Sente/Bookends, but then this info would not be linked, but maybe that does not matter??

But in the cases where I do have the fulltext, it does matter, or maybe not. I could just look up the citation in Sente/Bookends whenever a search in DT returns a relevant paper (which could reside within DT as pdf or as rtf from the fulltext html)?

Right now I try to use Zotero, the 1.5 is a waste of time, too many problems. And forget .pdf import that works rubbish, so I use the “stable” release and try to figure out how useful it, does not seem to be too useful, but not sure yet. I could not find a way of integrating Zotero and DT as Zotero saves everything in stupid useless subfolders with nosense names, this cannot be imported in a useful manner into DT. So I would import the abstract or fulltext into DT plus importing the citation into Zotero.
That would be analog to the use of Sente/Bookend for just the citation without fulltext (only that Sente/Bookends can produce bibliography, Zotero cannot it appears).

So this matter still is a real pain in the back. DT is excellent, if you guys at DT could implement a citation feature into DT, that would make it kick ***.

I’d like to pick people’s brains a bit more about optimal ways of using DT Pro with Bookends/Sente. A few questions:
Is everyone in agreement that synching the Bookends/Sente attachment folder to DT Pro is the way to go?
Do you think it’s better to exclude the folder synched in this way from classification and do work on specific research projects in the same database? Or does anyone favor having the attachment database totally separate?
If you use something like the Steven Berlin Johnson/Houthakker method, do you also put those into the same database? (And if you do, doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the SBJ method, i.e. small chunks of text only?) Presumably, you wouldn’t want to exclude these from classification?
Any thoughts on these or related questions?