Set theGroupUUID to - how to change for smart group?

Is it possible to modify this line of AppleScript to refer to a smart group instead of a group?

set theGroupUUID to

thank you

UUID is UUID, just set it.

However as you didn’t wrote what the script does it’s not possible to tell whether replacing a group with a Smart Group will work at all.

2 Likes

Thank you @pete31 for your reply ! It’s your excellent goto group script that I use all the time !
I tried simply inserting the UUID of the recently added smartgroup instead of a group, but it does not work.
As a substitute, I am using the keyboard maestro action below, but it is certainly not as good as your script. It is slower and opens a new window every time I run it.

I want to take the opportunity to apologize for irritating you a while back. I sincerely did not understand what you were asking for. The end result was that I appeared unappreciative of your tireless help and I totally understand how insulting that can be. When I look at the number of scripts that I use and that you wrote, I realize how big an impact you have had on my daily DevonThink workflow.

set theGroupUUID to "AB61FF8F-EBD8-474F-B22E-A863D01183E2" -- insert group UUID here

tell application id "DNtp"
	try
		set theGroup to (get record with uuid theGroupUUID)

if exists (viewer window 1) then
			set root of viewer window 1 to theGroup
		else
			open window for record theGroup
			activate
		end if

on error error_message number error_number
		if the error_number is not -128 then display alert "DEVONthink" message error_message as warning
		return
	end try
end tell

1 Like

Why don’t you just add the group to your Favorites for quick access?

1 Like

yes, it’s a workaround. thank you

there does not seem to be a way to add a smart group to favorites, neither in the context menu, nor in the main menu. I managed once in the main menu to data → add to → favorites but it did not appear in the favorites list

Global smart groups can’t be added to the Favorites. Local smart groups can.

OK thanks

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Using small groups answers my initial question because @pete31 's “go to ”AppleScript works with local smart groups